hats on people // Melanie of Mad Passions

May 3, 2012



(image from Melanie's blog)

The other winner of the Humpty Dance challenge from awhile back was Melanie - she picked out this super fun hat pattern from Pickles and requested it in cream with pink hearts!

pattern: From Norway, With Love by Pickles
yarn: stash DK weight yarn!
needles: size US 7 / 4.5 mm

I didn't make any modifications to this hat pattern other than not making the hearts different colors. I used acrylic yarn so the hat would be washer/dryer safe, and while I normally don't do colorwork with acrylic, this hat turned out perfectly!

I'll definitely be making this hat more often going forward - the pattern is easy to remember after one heart repeat, and I can see this being a fun charity knit!

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 060.

3 comments :

Instagram