test knit // Coppe

May 26, 2012

Coppe 2
pattern: Coppe, by Kylie McDonnell-Wade (Ravelry link)
yarn: Red Heart Acrylic in tan
needles: sizes US 6 / 4.0 mm and US 8 / 5.0 mm circs and dpns
What's this? Posting on a Saturday?!
I've got so many fun hats to share with you in the next week (in preparation for the 100th Hat Celebration!) and I just couldn't fit them all in on week days, so Saturday it is!
I had the pleasure of test knitting Coppe a few weeks ago for Kylie, and have fallen in love with it! I knit it up using acrylic yarn - meaning I couldn't really block it all that well - and got a fabulous slouchy hat. When knit in wool yarn, this hat blossoms into a gorgeous beret style hat as well!
Test knitting is such a fun way to experience a new designer's patterns (new to the designing world, or just new to me as in this case) - I'm excited to do more of it in the coming weeks and months, and to share the finished results with you!
//
I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 089.

1 comment :

Instagram