Christmas In July - Hats To Knit For The Holidays

Jun 27, 2012


While it may not even be July, many knitters are already filling out their "to knit for the holidays" list (myself included)! I love to gift at least one hand-knit hat per person on my list; a hat is a quick knit, everyone wears hats, and you don't have to worry about sizing in most cases - simply knowing if an adult or kid-sized hat is needed will do! Here are some hat patterns that will be making their way onto my holiday knit list this year:

I love the simplicity of the DK Eco Slouch Hat! It can easily be made in just about any color, and I'm sure I'll whip up bunches in wool blends!


I just discovered Isa's blog Owl Sisters, and I'm head over heels in love. I know several men who would wear this hat (minus the puff) and can't wait to see how it'll work up!
 

This one-cable hat has been on my needles on repeat lately! I've already had a few folks mention they'd like one of these for the holidays, and I'm more than happy to oblige!


Oh flecks of contrasting color, how I love you! Between this hat and the Bespeckled Hat I've been knitting lately, I'm sure to use up almost all my remnants by the end of the year!


A feminine hat, perfect for the "proper ladies" on my list - bwahahhah! A gorgeous hat to be sure, I know several women who will be receiving the Casteil Hat this year if I can pull it off!


I've never given a Cousteau hat to a man and had them complain!


With comments like "I'm not usually a hat knitter but this hat is perfect" under this hat's belt (and mine), you know I will be making this Joe Hat on repeat! Have you started making up your holiday "to knit" lists yet? What patterns will you be adding?

Post a Comment

Instagram