striped hats, week 1

Aug 6, 2012


pattern: Simple Striped Hat (my pattern)
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circs
yarn: leftover bits of I Love This Yarn! in sage green and grey

Man, do I need to clean that mirror! I also need to find a better way to take these photos! I've been trying to track them using Instagram, but I'm having a hard time finding a good spot in our house where the light is such that I can set up a mirror and get a good photo. They're all starting to look like the photo above - a bit blurry, back-lit instead of side-lit, and just in general a semi-crappy shot.

I also only managed to get one striped hat knocked out so far this month. No big deal, as even one striped hat a month is going to help deplete my remnants stash as well as get some fun hats to some kids in Chicago.

If you've knit up a striped hat already this month, share your link in the comments. I'll be grabbing links and photos for next week's post!

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 113.

3 comments :

  1. I really like the look of the green and the grey together! I definitely want to try your striped hat pattern.

    I'm sharing two striped hats I made for my little guy last week:
    http://irishmum09.blogspot.com/2012/08/striped-hats-for-my-boy.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sending hats to the food bank in Chicago again this Christmas? Maybe I can get more hats knitted for that project this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Willow, I am sending hats to the Chicago Food Bank again this year! I've actually mailed one box out and dropped one box off in person, and intend to drop another box off in late October when we head to Chicago for a football game!

    We'd love to have you knit hats for the project again, for sure! I'll be profiling the organization when I can get my act together and get a post written, and I'll include shipping details again then!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram