Hat-Tember 15

Sep 15, 2012


 
pattern: Basic Beanie from Sweet Kiwi Crochet
yarn: rose K-Mart Sayelle yarn from the 80's; 120 yards  
hook: size I-9 / 5.5 mm

Day 15 - halfway through Hat-Tember! I can't believe we're already to the 50% mark, that I've made it this far without missing a day (or a beat)! I folded the hat brim today to give a different look! Still using the same hat pattern, and loving that it's as versatile as this! I've been so blown away at how folks have shown up and donated to the Pencils Of Promise fundraiser as well!

So far this project has raised $350 - almost halfway to my goal of $750! With just 15 days left however, the real fundraising needs to begin in earnest! I've got $400 left to raise and just over two weeks to do it! If you haven't donated yet, I encourage you to click the "Donate Now" link below. Even if you can donate $5 or $10, it will help me reach my goal of sending 30 kids to school for a year. If you've already donated, I'd love it if you can help me spread the word about this project.

By sharing about Hat-Tember on Twitter and Facebook, you can help me reach my goal and let your family, friends and followers know you care about an amazing cause! To make things super easy, you can copy and paste this to your Twitter or Facebook to spread the word!
Help @shemakeshats send 30 kids to school for a year through her #hattember project! - http://www.shemakeshats.com
Thanks so much for supporting the project!

//

I'm crocheting a hat a day for Hat-tember 2012! Each hat will be donated to the Chicago Food Pantry's annual holiday kid's party, and I'm attempting to raise $750 for Pencils Of Promise at the same time! You can view posts from the entire project here.

Help me reach $750 this month by sponsoring this hat for just $25 - the cost of sending a child to school for a full year through Pencils Of Promise!

Post a Comment

Instagram