hat-tember 19

Sep 19, 2012



pattern: Basic Beanie from Sweet Kiwi Crochet  
yarn: I Love This Yarn (Hobby Lobby) in tan with dark brown stripes; 135 yards
hook: size I-9 / 5.5 mm

is it unfair to say that this may be my favorite hat made so far? i love the earthy colors to be sure, but i mostly love the potential i see in a hat with these kinds of stripes. i'd love one for myself in super dark grey with avocado green stripes, and i'd love to see one in grey shades worked up, or with pink stripes or blue .... the possibilities truly are endless!

 i've still got quite a ways to go on the fundraising front, with $400 left to raise, but i believe whole-heartedly that the money will show up just in time, and i'll reach my goal of sending 30 kids to school for a year before the beginning of October. if you haven't donated yet, even $5 will do so much good ... don't shy away if $25 seems like a huge sum to you. in truth, it does to me as well!

i've been messing with the blog layout again, in anticipation of this Hat-Tember project being over and getting back to "regular" blogging. i'm excited to share bunches of Hats On People hats, our new Designer Of The Month, and even some new crafty projects i've been saving for fall!

i've got a few fun round-ups brewing as well, in anticipation of fall, Halloween and even the upcoming holiday season! with so much swirling around in my mind, i'm reminding myself to head back to my crochet hook and yarn and work on what's in front of me, this very important task.

//

I'm crocheting a hat a day for Hat-tember 2012! Each hat will be donated to the Chicago Food Pantry's annual holiday kid's party, and I'm attempting to raise $750 for Pencils Of Promise at the same time! You can view posts from the entire project here.

Help me reach $750 this month by sponsoring this hat for just $25 - the cost of sending a child to school for a full year through Pencils Of Promise!

Post a Comment

Instagram