reading lately

Oct 9, 2012


Back in June I set a goal to read 10 new books before my next birthday. I have since reached that goal ... and surpassed it! Thanks in large part to having a Kindle, I can now read just about anywhere without having to lug a book with me - this works perfectly for when I'm knitting and can't hold a book without losing my page!

Below is a list of the books I've finished reading since June, along with a note or two about each!

The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel by Michael Scott. First in a series of six.
The Magician (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott. Second in a series of six. 
The Sorceress (The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott. Third in a series of six.

I'm loving this series so far! I'm knee-deep into the fourth book, and while they aren't as good as the Harry Potter series (what is???), I recommend them for sure!

The Tower, by Chris Guillebeau. (free PDF!) Lord knows why I waited so long to read this. It spoke to where I'm at right now in a huge way (as all Chris' stuff does) and I'm already implementing pieces of it!

Untether to Evolve, by Ev Bogue. So much good info in this book! While I will never be as untethered as Ev is, I love his take on life and find many practical applications for my own.

Shakespeare's Landlord (Lily Bard Mysteries, Book 1) (Lily Bard Mystery)by Charlaine Harris. This was a hard book for me to finish. An unexpected (and super graphic and violent) gang rape scene halfway through meant I put the book down for some time. I'm glad I came back to it, and may just read more in the series.

My Exile Lifestyle by Colin Wright. His first book on traveling full time. Colin is a storyteller in a way most folks aren't. I'd read just about anything he wrote (and do!) for this reason alone!

Impossible: The Manifesto by Joel Runyon. Butt kicking, good read.

Iceland India Interstate by Colin Wright. I swear I didn't read this book just because I'm in it for a paragraph!  Colin was the impetus for the Hats On People project, and reading this book was a fun look into a travel period in his life I happened to be part of.

This I Know: Notes on Unraveling the Heart by Susannah Conway. Quite literally the best book I've read so far. It changed how I view myself, my past, and how I'm moving forward in my life.

Knitting Rules!: The Yarn Harlot's Bag of Knitting Tricksby Stephanie Pearl-McPhee. Finally reading some of her work. Genius - funny, truthful, and full of her soul.

Truth by Nina Yau. Brilliant and conscise discussions of living in your own truth.

Minimalism: Essential Essays by Ryan Nicodemus and Joshua Fields Millburn. I like this version of minimalism; it's concise and yet accessible.

The Case of the Soggy Wallet (Holmes Detective Agency) by Molly and Kristen Wright. Loved this book! Young adult fiction at it's finest, I can't wait for the next installment!

I'm going to keep on reading as I knit, mostly in the evenings while football is on, and after Owen has gone to bed. I look forward to updating more regularly with what I've read because of this!

(view my entire reading list here)

Post a Comment

Instagram