Creepers All Around!

Jun 20, 2013



 
pattern: Creepers All Around, by Tracey McDowell (free Ravelry download)  
yarn: I Love This Yarn! in lime and black (82 yards total)  
needles: size US 9 / 5.5mm 16" circulars and dpns

I am surrounded by nerds. Nerds who love Minecraft. I can't tell you a single thing about Minecraft, other than it's a game of some sort (I think computer?), and just about every boy I know loves it. This hat has a ring of "creepers" around it, which are apparently part of the game somehow? All I know is my husband about jumped off the couch when I showed him this hat pattern.

This Creepers pattern is free, which is wonderful, and the charts are amazing -- simple, detailed, and without error (more of a bonus than you'd think). However, it was clearly written for much thinner weight yarn than I used, because I cast on for the smallest size and the hat ended up fitting me perfectly. Not a big deal -- I knew based on the needles suggested and the yarn I was using that I'd have to cast on for the smallest to get a hat that would fit me (and most men or women) perfectly.

I've got plans to make bunches more of these, and might even make a few sized to fit toddlers and even babies. The hat knits up fast, I love the decreases, and I know the person who receives this hat (as well as the others soon to find their way off my needles) will love it!

Post a Comment

Instagram