Getting Ready For Christmas

Oct 28, 2014


You guys, there's less than 60 days until Christmas, and even less until Hanukkah gets here! That sound you just heard was the collective explosion of crafter brains as we all try desperately to cram more crafting in than there are hours in the day.

Take this photo. That's all the knitting I want to get done before Christmas. Two blankets, an adult sized vest, an adult sized tank, a kid sized vest, four kid sized sweaters, a scarf, a cowl, a hat ... I'm sure I'm forgetting something.

Oh yes, my sanity.

This doesn't even represent the full measure of all I want to make in the next 60 days. There's mittens, fingerless gloves, and a huge pile of hats I don't have represented in that photo. And of course, the charity hats. And Impossible Hats as orders come in.

Most of the year I have one or two projects going at a time, no more. I don't like having so many things waiting in the queue; it makes me nervous to think about all these projects waiting to get done. I start to cast on every one of them, and then I want to knit a row or two on each of them, which for me is the least productive way to do it.

What I need to do is pick a project, cast on, and then work on it until finished. Pick another project, do the same. On repeat. I'm trying desperately to keep myself focused like this, and am already seeing a small bit of progress, thankfully!

I'm not sure how much I'll be in this space in the next few months. I've got a metric ton of knitting patterns I've been adding to Etsy that I'll be sharing here as well, but other than that, you're best bet is to find me on Instagram. With the football season ramping up for the last few college games, then Thanksgiving and then Christmas, I'll be focused on gift crafting and decorating and coloring and keeping Lou away from the tree ... not necessarily in that order. But I will show up as much as I can, if only to share patterns and what I'm reading and little snippets of daily life.

Have you started your holiday crafting yet?

1 comment :

  1. I wish I were starting my Christmas projects---not quite yet. I am finishing up a shawl from my hand,spun yarn and a Gryffindor scarf for my grand daughter. THEN I can begin on a couple of other projects. I can't believe we are at minus 60 days!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram