test knit // Miska

May 24, 2012

004
Recently, I had the pleasure of test knitting Miska for Kydel Makes. And adorable little hat, I love the poms for ears and the interesting construction!
pattern: Miska, by Kydel Makes
yarn: Crucci Luxury Crepe (less than one skein, 50g)
needles: size US 8 / 5.0 mm and US 10 / 6.0 mm
I knit the hat in a smaller size than offered currently in the pattern, but Miska (meaning mouse in Slovenian) is a ridiculously cute hat either way! Owen loves to play with the poms, and I love how the brim of the hat is knit on two needles, with the body stitches picked up later!
I've not been much of a test knitter in the past; not for lack of desire, I just never really found a way to let other designers know I'd test knit for them. Thanks to Ravelry though, I found a group for designers looking for test knitters - sold!
I'll definitely test knit again, and will for sure test knit anything Kydel comes up with next - her pattern writing skills are top notch!
//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 087.

Post a Comment

Instagram