earflap hats, week one

May 7, 2012

May hats week one
Week one of the hat challenge for May went pretty well, if I do say so myself! I managed to crochet up nine hats (all pictured above) for the Chicago Food Pantry!

Eight of these hats are made to fit children between 1 and 4 years old, with one hat fitting a child 4 years and older. I also managed to use up three balls of white yarn and a few balls of colored yarn!

Working through hats like this really drive home just how much yarn I actually have - while I see all the hats I made and am super excited at how many I'll get done this month, I also know how little a dent these made in my stash ... you wouldn't even know any yarn was used!

I'm hopeful I'll make at least some dent in my stash this month as I make more and more hats ... this week I'm going to focus on the largest size (4 years plus) to use up a bit more yarn and make hats that will fit a wider variety of kiddos. I'm also going to mix it up color-wise, using grey and black yarn for the neutral stripes as well as white!

How did your charity crafting go this past week? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. These are hats 061 through 069.

Post a Comment

Instagram