hats on people // Ali Edwards

Dec 17, 2012


pattern: Hadley Hat (one of my free patterns)
yarn: I Love This Yarn! solids in pumpkin/ivory and peach/ivory (approximately 100 yards per hat)  
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circulars and dpns

 I didn't modify either hat in any way, just knit according to pattern. An easy and fast pattern, perfect for using up scrap bits of yarn! I love mustering up the courage to e-mail someone I've admired for years, someone I've had on my Dream Team, and asking them if I can make them a hat ... and having them respond back with an enthusiastic yes!

That's what happened with Ali Edwards, who is one of the most well-known memory-keepers on the internet. Ali's blog is what keeps me taking photos of our little moments on Instagram, and she's one of the people who have convinced me to pick up Project Life for next year and be more intentional about keeping our family's memories a bit more organized.

I love that Ali requested the Hadley hat from me in pumpkin and ivory ... and that I thought for some reason she'd said "peach and ivory" and so ended up making her two hats (her daughter Anna has taken possession of the peach hat)! Thanks so much to Ali for being part of my Hats On People project!

Post a Comment

Instagram