001 // the first charity hat of the year // resolutions

Jan 2, 2012





{hat 001 // Jane hat pattern, I Love This Yarn! in greybeard, size 9 & 11 needles; Ravelry project page}

It feels good to have the first charity hat off the needles just two days into 2012. I've decided to pile up all my charity hats in the red Target ottoman in the office; when it gets full, I'll pack the hats up and mail them off!

I love making resolutions, but am not always the best at them. I've tried to do the "34 before 35" type lists in the past, but always seem to decide I want to do one in January; as my birthday is in June, that doesn't leave a whole lot of time!

This year I've decided to begin a 101 in 1001 project, starting today. I don't have all 101 of my resolutions filled out yet, but I'm already excited to cross off many of the items on it over the next few months and years.

The perfect amount of time for goal-setting for me, these next 1001 days will be full of double-checking my lists, crossing things off, and plotting what to accomplish next!

I'm most excited to get my knit on, experience some fun firsts with Owen, do some serious reading, get healthy and in shape, and even create a few music playlists! What are some of your goals for the next few months?

5 comments :

  1. I am starting a 101 in 1001 list on the 4th, which is my birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful hat! I love that your charity hats are so stylish. I bet it will brighten the day of the person who ends up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have decided to knit 50 items for the premature babies at our local hospital every month this year. Last month I did hats and will do the same this month. I'm going to have a chat with them this month and check that this is what they want and can actually use. Then I'll be set for the year. ( My previous local hospital had so many hats donated they didn't want any more!) I'm also resolving to sell a percentage of the things I make, I'm just struggling with what percentage that should be at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great hat (as always) and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
    Aunt Patty

    ReplyDelete

Instagram