reading // Miss Peregrine's Home For Unusual Children

Jan 12, 2012


The story of a teenage boy who discovers the stories his grandfather told him may not be so fantastic after all? Love. Photos sprinkled throughout that were borrowed from real collections? Double Love. An author with a name like Ransom Riggs? Sold.

Recommended to me by my mom, this young adult book tells the story of a typical rich American teenager who, after a life changing event, begins to realize his life is not as normal and boring as he might have thought it was.

Lyrical sentences combined to suck me into the story within a few chapters, and by the end I found myself clamoring for a sequel, which I cannot imagine will not be written. There are stories still to tell in this young man's life, to be sure.

"I used to dream about escaping my ordinary life, but my life was never ordinary. I had simply failed to notice how extraordinary it was."




My friend Chris has a new offering available for sale this week - it's called Publish Your Best Seller. For those who have ever wanted to write a book but aren't sure where to start, this is the place!

Post a Comment

Instagram