a few for nest: Maine

May 18, 2012

Nest hats
In the past few weeks I've knit up a few hats for nest: Maine in between the other knitting and crochet I've been doing. I love to have a simple stockinette hat (on the left) or 2x2 ribbing hat (the two on the right) on the needles for when I'm at the movies, riding in the car, or just don't want to have to think about the pattern I'm working on.

For the stockinette hat, I used a skein of Noro Kureyon I snagged from our local yarn shop. I'd never worked with the stuff before but knew knitters far and wide love every minute of it. And they aren't wrong - the color changes are just perfection! Apparently no two skeins are exactly alike, and I loved all the colors I saw when I was deciding which skein to buy. I'll definitely pick up more!

As for the ribbed hats, I used the basic format of the Waffle Hat pattern I love so much, with one exception. Instead of waffles I just did the ribbing on every row, decreasing when I had around 11 or 12 inches of hat. This leaves a huge brim to be folded, perfect decreases, and a hat anyone can feel cozy in!

Yarn for the ribbed hats was from a few skeins of Patons wool generously gifted to me by Marie, a gal who contacted me about some yarn she didn't want to take with her when she moved from Canada to Germany. I will ALWAYS take the yarn other folks don't want, and she sent some amazing stuff over - I can't wait to dig into the rest of it!

Details for both hats can be found on Ravelry (stockinette hat, ribbed hat) for those interested.

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. These are hats 079, 080 and 081.

Post a Comment

Instagram