Bella's Eclipse Hat

May 30, 2012


pattern: Bella's Eclipse Hat, by Rachel Bearse (Ravelry link, website link)
yarn: stash green and white wool
needles: size US 9 / 5.5 mm circs and dpns

I love knitting this hat pattern, based off the hat Bella Swan wears in the Twighlight Saga: Eclipse movie. I've knit it in the past for charity, given it as a gift at least once, and have it set permanently in my queue.

It helps that I have a metric ton of both the white and green wool in my stash thanks to some lovely donations in the past!

I usually knit the hat on size US 8 / 5.0 mm needles, which produces a nice fitted beanie. This time I wanted sometihng with a bunch of slouch to it (I'm going through a slouchy hat phase, to be sure) and so I simply sized up the needles one and followed the pattern directions perfectly.

The results? A hat with just the right amount of slouch, in super warm wool, ready to be sent off to the Chicago Food Pantry!

I've already got my Ravelry queue brimming over with more hats from movies and television, and I can't wait to cast on the next Screen Cap!

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 092!

1 comment :

  1. How do you knit a single row stripe jogless?

    ReplyDelete

Instagram