Autumn

Aug 2, 2012



pattern: Autumn, by Jane Richmond (etsy link)
needles: sizes US 11 / 8.0 mm and US 15 / 10.0 mm 16" circulars
yarn: Loops & Threads Charisma (a Michael's brand), approximately 65 yards worth

I've knit Jane's Autumn hat several times now, including once as hat #53 for the One Hundred Hats Project. This simple hat is worked up using chunky yarn and large needles, and I didn't even need dpns to finish the crown!

Jane calls for size US 13 / 9.0 mm needles instead of the size 15's I used - as I don't have any size 13's I just subbed in the larger needles, and I'm happy with the result! I've been on a super loose stitch kick lately, so using as large a needle as I could grab for this hat meant the seed stitch pattern was as loose as could be.

I also love that this hat knits up in just about two hours. Quick and easy, without much concentration once you get the patterning down, I was able to work this up while watching the men's gymnastics team finals (and Great Britain's amazing bronze medal) the other night!

If I'm honest, I've had quite a bit rolling around in my brain that I'd like to share in the coming days and weeks. Having a hat like Autumn (one I've made before, and of an easy-to-memorize pattern) was just what I needed!

//

I'm making 10,000 hats for 10,000 people. This is hat 112.

Post a Comment

Instagram