Hats On People: Satya Colombo

Feb 20, 2013


pattern: Basic Bulky Manly Man Hatby Julie Laffoon  
yarn: Yarn Bee Andes Alpaca, light grey
needles: size US 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circs and dpns

One of the worst things a knitter can do is forget to write down her thoughts as she's making a hat - and that's exactly what happened as I knit Satya his hat! I remember the yarn being super soft, but also flaking a bit. I thought the hat might be too short, but then it fit me well so I wasn't sure - and looking at Satya in his hat, I could have made it an inch or so longer.

What I do remember is how excited I was to make this hat. Satya is a world traveler, healer and explorer. He's devoted his days to helping people live in their soul-truth, which is a powerful thing! He's written some amazing essays on his website, and has built an amazing community of folks who gather together and support one another. I was lucky enough to sit in on a chat group he ran last fall, and let me tell you - the peace and power emanating off this dude is unreal! It makes me happy to know his hat will keep him warm in Peru (where he is as I write this) and wherever his journey takes him!

Connect with Satya:

Post a Comment

Instagram