There's still space available, so if you're anywhere close to the Des Moines area you should get registered for just one day or for the whole weekend! Need a few more reasons to attend? How about these --
- Devastatingly good lunch catered by Tacopocalypse.
- Lots of uninterrupted time to knit + crochet, perfect for finishing up that big project you've been wanting to work on.
- Relaxed, laid-back atmosphere. Wear your hand-knits and your sweatpants. We don't care.
- We'll be knitting and crocheting in the beautiful Walnut Woods Lodge. Have you seen the leaves changing colors this week? It's gonna be gorgeous out there.
- Photobooth. There will be a photobooth, people! (Or ... Jess and Jen with cameras and a backdrop, but same difference.)
- Fun times with friends.
- Knitting and crochet show and tell. Show off the coolest things you've ever made! Bring your stuff. We want to see it.
- Knit + crochet doctor. In case you need help with something.
- Stashbust. Calling all hoarders: bring yarn that you want to trade/get ride of. Anything left over will be donated!
- Yoga. Which will be easy (and optional.)
- Mimosas! And cupcakes.
- After-hours shopping and wine + dessert at Hill Vintage & Knits in the East Village.
- Fantastically cool door prizes.
For those of you who will be there, I've never been a speaker like this before, so .... be kind? Don't throw knitting needles? I'm super excited to dip my toes into this whole "talking about charity knitting as a calling" thing, and hope to do it more often, and know that this will be the PERFECT place to dig deep into it! Hooray for knitting retreats! Hooray for Des Moines! Hooray for knitXmidwest!