Out And About 8

Sep 12, 2014

Happy Friday! It's been raining here like crazy, and we've been turning the heat on already. Looks like we're in for a cold fall and winter, which means lots of hats! I've got some fun news on the hat front for next week, but right now I wanted to share a bit about the book I just finished reading.

The Happiness of Pursuit: Finding the Quest That Will Bring Purpose to Your Life is the latest offering by my friend Chris Guillebeau. Chris set about to visit every country in the world, and in the process inspired millions of folks to live lives their own way. THOP shares not just his quest journey, but the stories of dozens of other folks who have completed or are in the midst of quests of their own.

I'll freely admit I'm in the book, for like a paragraph - it was such a fun experience to share my 10,000 hats quest with Chris and the team of folks he worked with to help compile people's stories. That said, the book was also a huge inspiration to me. I loved reading about not only  Chris' journey, but the journeys of so many other folks. After a year of having a baby and writing my own book, I've felt a bit lost on my quest journey. THOP has helped re-focus me and re-inspire me!

If you haven't already, grab a copy of Chris' book - you won't be disappointed!

Here's a few fun things I've found around the web this week:

I love Ysolda's tips for blocking hats.

My friend Jen had a Wool And the Gang workshop a week or so ago, and it looks like so much fun!

Do you believe there's a difference between happiness and meaning?

Elise just made me want to get PSE, thanks to her time saving photo editing tip!

I'm always on the hunt for family-friendly movies, and this list helps a ton!

If the first hat in Sweet Tooth is any indication, the new progressive e-book from Alex is definitely a winner!

While I love me a beanie with slouch, some folks prefer the slouchless variety better.

In need of a new shawl for fall? The Double Deco knit-along starts October 1!

The Playful Stripes Cardigan is now available in adult sizes!!!

The difference between an orphan and a daughter.

There's still time to whip up a newborn red hat and get it sent off for the Little Hats, Big Hearts drive! I'll be sharing my hats before I get them shipped off!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment :

  1. Hi! I went to Chris' book launch party in Atlanta last night. He shared your story and website with us. I love to knit too and love your quest for 10,000 hats. I also read your post about all the things you want to do before your 40th birthday! I think it's an awesome list and inspires me to keep working on my quests to! My biggest quest right now is to start my own life coaching business and help people identify their strengths, find a career where they can use them and help people bring more optimism into their lives. :) I look forward to following your adventures!

    ReplyDelete

Instagram