002 // Don't Drink And Knit!

Jan 4, 2012






{hat 002 / 10,000}

pattern: Jane Hat, by Jane Richmond
yarn: I Love This Yarn! solids in pink sparkle
needles: sizes US 8 / 5.0 mm and 10 / 6.0 mm 16" circular needles

So far, my charity knitting for 2012 has been going really well! One every two days means I'll reach my 10 a month with ease, and will hopefully make more like 15 a month!

I knit just about anywhere, and at any time. While Owen is sleeping for sure, but also in the car, in the movie theater, while hanging out with friends, and I've even been known to knit at the bar. One thing I've never done though, is spill something on my knitting.

Until the other night.

We were sitting on the couch and I had just opened a beer. It was the only one I was going to drink for the night, and after one sip I set it on the floor next to the couch so I could grab something. As I stood up, my foot got stuck on my knitting and I tripped a bit, falling over the beer and knocking it to the ground. On my knitting.

So now I've got a hat that smells like beer! It's in the wash machine as I write this, getting the beer smell out of it before I add it to my charity knitting pile, and thankfully the hat is made out of acrylic so it can even be tossed in the dryer and still turn out just fine. I just still can't believe I did that!

2 comments :

  1. I love the hat. The pink sparkle yarn really makes it pretty (and I'm not usually a sparkle kind of gal). I may have to try the Jane Hat pattern.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram