organizing my knitting supplies

Jan 6, 2012


One of my 101 goals is to organize my knitting supplies a little better. I took some time over the last few days to get a handle on things, and ended up with these three cases.

In the square green case on the right, all my circular needles. The case is from Namaste, and I've had it for a year or so now. I love how easy it is to keep my circulars on-hand and within reach, but also untangled and separated out. I knit almost exclusively with circular needles, so this case has been a huge help to me!



Most of my knitting and crochet supplies are organized in these three Gussy bags, pictured above. In the larges (at the back) I keep my two smaller Gussy bags, my needle gauge, my scissors, and my tape measures.

In the smallest Gussy bag (at the right), I keep my stitch markers, my cable needles, and my darning needles. These were always getting lost in my bag before, and this Gussy bag is the perfect size for them all!

In the Gussy bag to the left of the photo, I store all my crochet hooks. It is the PERFECT size for them, and they don't clang around or get lost anymore!


In my final bag, I have all my double-pointed needles and my pom makers. The bag is too large for them, but it serves my purposes well and I am able to find all my dpns (which are organized into simple toothbrush cases!) and pom makers without trouble!

2 comments :

  1. What a great idea to use toothbrush cases to hold the dpns. I may have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kate, I love the toothbrush cases. I'll definitely be doing this.

    ReplyDelete

Instagram