Brennan Beanie

Jan 19, 2015

The classic beanie gets an update with just the right amount of stripe. Perfect for people of all ages, the beanie is sized from newborns through adults and can be made fitted or with a bit of extra slouch.

YARN 

100 yds Lion Brand Wool Ease (80% Acrylic 20% Wool, 197 yards/180 meters per 85 grams) Main Color
20 yds Lion Brand Wool Ease (80% Acrylic 20% Wool, 197 yards/180 meters per 85 grams) Contrast Color

NEEDLES 

US 9 / 5.5 mm 16” circular needle
US 9 / 5.5 mm double pointed needles

NOTIONS 

Darning needle for weaving in ends
Stitch Marker

GAUGE 

16 sts x 20 rows = 4" in stockinette

SIZES 

newborn (0-3 month, 3-6 month, 6-12 month, 1-3 year, 3-10 year, teen, adult)
11 (12, 13.5, 15, 16, 17, 19, 22.5)” circumference unstretched

BUY THE PATTERN HERE

4 comments :

  1. Hi, I've got some lovely wool for this hat but it's for 8mm needles, 16 rows/11 stitches, needles US11...how do I modify the pattern please? Any advice much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's actually a much thicker yarn, and would really be writing an entirely new pattern to modify this one to accommodate a totally different yarn. I've made baby hats in the past using yarn this thick, however, and if I can find my notes on how I did it, I'll share the pattern in the future.

      Delete
    2. That would be amazing, thank you!

      Delete
  2. i never know how big the babies are, so i vary my stitches..i usually do hats in size 7 needles..going to try casting on 48 stitches and see how it goes..

    ReplyDelete

Instagram