While Knitting | Volume IV

Jan 12, 2015

Knitting doesn't happen in a vacuum here in SMH-land. Instead, I'm always reading something (thanks to my Kindle) or watching something (thanks to Netflix). Here's a short list of what I've been reading and watching lately.

So, I started this list before Christmas, and then the reading portion of my life got away from me as Lou got an ear infection that wouldn't quit. So I'm sharing these now.

READING
A Tale of More: The Complete Series, by Colin Wright. A young man stuck in a small town with a voice narrating his life (none too nicely, I might add) begins to see his life change as a film crew comes to town. Whisked off to LA, Cain finds life very different as he navigates not only the voices in his head, but the strange array of characters that begin to surround him. A bit sci-fi, this series of ten novellas looks at what might happen to the world if humans made a technological leap towards bettering ourselves by ... bettering our actual selves. Loved it!

WATCHING
Snowpiercer. Fueling my inappropriate obsession with Chris Evans, this dark movie tells the story of the haves and have-nots, riding a train around the world on repeat as the only survivors after environmental disaster. Good movie, hated the ending though.

Dr. Who. We're back to watching episodes, but are STILL only on season 4, so DON'T TELL ME ANYTHING. Love it, as always.

Gone Girl. Finally, Zach and I got to watch this! Now he's as much like WHAT THE WHAT?!?! as I am!

The Unknown Known. Interesting documentary about Donald Rumsfeld's time in politics.

Also, I'm almost done with Gilmore Girls. So there's that.

2 comments :

  1. i've been watching gilmore girls while i knit my sweater! except a lot of times i get so caught up in the plot that my knitting just sits on my lap, untouched. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas of things to read and watch. I just finished reading Gone Girl, so wanting to watch the movie now. :)
    When you are looking for something new on Netflix, try watching The 4400. It is 4 seasons long. Reminds me kinda of The X-Files. Different, but the unknown. Worth a try. We are almost into season 4 and there are so many twists and turns.
    Thanks for all the great patterns. I am in the midst of baby hats for the local hospital.

    Blessings,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Instagram